Recommend this article to your friends.
Fifteen Ways to Please Your Husband
by Barbara Rainey
Each of us is to please his neighbor for his good, to his edification. ROMANS 15:2
Who is your closest neighbor? Your husband. And how can you edify (build or improve) your husband and thereby enhance his self-worth, the way the verse above instructs? By discovering—and doing—what pleases him. Here are a few ideas:
1. Write him a letter and send it to his office, or put a love note in his lunch box or his briefcase.
2. Prepare his favorite meal.
3. Arrange an evening out for just the two of you.
4. Wear his favorite dress with your hair done the way he likes it.
5. Purchase something small and frivolous for him that he won’t buy himself.
6. Give him a nicely framed picture of yourself, or of you and the children, for his office.
7. Surprise him with a trip to do something he likes.
8. Put the children to bed early and prepare a candlelight dinner.
9. Do something that especially pleased him back when you were dating.
10. Pray and read the Scriptures with him daily.
11. Take walks together.
12. Keep your junk out of the garage.
13. Greet your husband warmly after work.
14. Wear his favorite negligee, or buy a new nightgown to add sizzle to your evening attire.
15. Clean out the car for him.
Sometimes the smallest gesture can make the biggest difference. Pick out something you haven’t tried before. Don’t give complacency a foothold in your marriage relationship.
Husbands, share something your wife has done lately that has pleased you. Why was it so encouraging?
Wives, ask God to help you think of his needs, making you sensitive to find ways that truly encourage him and put wind beneath his wings.